Friday, August 03, 2007

Update from Byron Bay 2: Shane Overboard


Hi,
How's it all going back there in Invercargill
Another week has gone and the day is getting closer to when I return home.

This week has been a busy one as my class has spent most of it at studio 301 helping out the recording of Nardo's first album. Made
a new friend this week, his name is Arun and he is from India and he is also a christian (cool). He was part of the sound team when Red
Rain was playing in India. (Its a small world after all). Temperatures are starting to climb here, yesterday we reach 26 and it
didn't drop much below 20 last night with another hot day forecast
for today with the temperature all ready into the mid 20's. I have
developed an ear infection which is not good as I need my ears for
recording and mixing songs, please pray for me in this area.
Lead the worship in church last Sunday as both song leaders were
away, (been a longtime since I last lead worship).

Last Sunday I managed to catch a bit of Hillsong TV just at the right
time, Pastor Brain Houston was preaching and his message was simply
titled "Just turn up". It quite amazing how we as humans expect God
to turn up even when we feel distant from Him but the fact of the
matter is , is that He is waiting for us to turn up. He is always
there.

When you look at David and his life, the trials and his
downfalls he always turned up and God was always waiting for him. No
matter what came his way he knew his God, even when he fell he always
turned to Him. Psalm 23 says it all, The Lord is my shepherd I shall
not want (lack for anything) This is something I'm having to learn
over here away from friend and family and that is to trust in Him
more and to spend more time with Him.

When I was back home I was
constantly busy but now I have so much spare time it can get boring
but when I heard this sermon it changed how I spend my spare time as
God has being waiting for me just to turn up and meet with Him not
the other way around. Even though I face constant battles with myself
God is there just waitng for me just to turn. So if anyone who is
reading this is having a hard time, God is waiting for you just to
turn up and talk to him, He is always there.

God bless,
Shane

No comments: