Friday, August 03, 2007

Parties, LAN and Political

Hey Guys!
The Dave here again with another update on life in sunny Christchurch. At the moment, I'm sitting in The Lair AKA my pimped out gamer garage, waiting for other people to show up to our LAN party that we're having tonight. ("we" being my flatmate will and I) For those n00bs who don't know what a LAN is, I'll explain. It's when a group of geeks get together, hook their PC's up and play games for around 24 hours or so. It's great fun, and it's always good to catch up with people you haven't seen in a while. It's kind of like church, you get together to hang out, and do something, in the case of church; worship god. The really great thing that I've been realizing about God more and more lately, is you don't need to be at church, or at a cell group to access him. you can access him 24/7, much like the internet! It's so great to be able to talk to him whenever I'm worried, or just wanna say "Hey Big Fella! YOU ROCK!". The biggest thing to remember that while god is fun in "single-player mode" - by yourself, he's much more fun when shared in "multi-player mode" AKA church, cell group etc, and the best thing is this: You can share God, and not get done for piracy! LOL

In other news, I'm running in Elections for the UCSA (University of Canterbury Student Association) Executive. They're kinda like the school council for Uni. Campaign is going well, but your support in prayer would be greatly appreciated! It's time we got some God into management up here in Canterbury!

See you all in around 3 weeks!

Dave.

1 comment:

Ray said...

I'm digging the analogy Dave. Have fun at the Lan party.