Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Update from Peru: 2 Weeks to go!


Hey guys! Wow, I can hardly believe I only have just over 2 weeks left here in this city. I leave Abancay on August 9, to do touristy stuff like Macchu Picchu with my cuz Michelle who´s gona meet me in Cusco. (That is, if we can get into Maccu Picchu. Dont know if it made it to the news over there, but the same week it made it to 7 Wonders of the World, massive strikes and protests prevented anyone from getting into Macchu Picchu, and stranded thousands of people in Cusco for a week. And today schools have finally opened again after 3weeks of strikes. Welcome to life in Peru!!)
I wanna encourage you with a couple of testimonies. I´ve had such awesome God stuff happen these past few weeks. Ive been getting to know more of the young women in my barrio (neighbourhood), and God has blown me away with the doors He´s opened into their lives. The 16yr old girl next door has been coming to youth group every friday for 3 weeks now, and is (hopefully) gona start going to cell group this week... the woman down the road that I regularly pop in to see asked me to stop just ´calling past´ and instead come back to talk and explain the book of John to her... and a couple of young women down the road want to learn English from me - by singing worship songs! Its just so encouraging to see that the harvest really is ready.
I would love your prayers for the next 2 weeks, that these women would be challenged to make decisions, and that they would be followed up after I leave. And that I would finish well, and do my best for these girls, and not get distracted :)Pray also for me as my wee heart is just not getting used to saying goodbye - no matter how many times Ive had to do it!! Help me to leave well, and to settle back in when I get home.
Looking forward to seeing y´all, and hearing what´s been happening in your life these past 6 months. Im hanging out to get to a good cafe... so coffee catch ups will be a definite!!!!
Love, Lynda

No comments: