Saturday, July 14, 2007

Get Smart, - The Insider's View

Hey Guys / Girls!

It was so awesome to see so many of you at Get Smart this year!!! It was so amazing seeing so many young people worshiping God, and dedicating themselves to his work in our nation! I was volunteering throughout the entire conference, so I thought I'd give you a bit of what I saw from the "inside".

One of the biggest impacts for me during Get Smart didn't actually come from the speakers, it came from the volunteers willing to serve God and further his kingdom, there were people who had been there from day one, and lots of noobs (aka me) there, from a HUGE variety of churches across Christchurch, and we came an unified under one banner with one goal. Many of us worked 14+ hour days every day of conference, but the faithful servant attitude never faltered. This team were inspirational to me as they served, so much so that even when I came into the building feeling absolutely whacked, I fed off the enthusiasm to serve that everyone else had to the point where some nights after getting home, I couldn't sleep for at least an hour! The team was committed to serving with all they had, and despite our weariness on Friday night, the smiles were so much broader knowing that just pointing someone in the right direction, answering questions where needed, and just smiling had no doubt made someone's day, and brought them a little closer to Christ.

I can't begin to try an explain how compelled, and blessed I felt while serving at Get Smart, or how I feel at any church event or service I help out in. I've quite often been in a place where I can't give financially, but I can always give of myself to the lord, and when I do so, I give my all. God blesses me so much for that.

I want to encourage you all to pursue a servant heart before the lord, even just doing the dishes in the cafe after church, or smiling at someone when they come in the door on a Friday or Sunday can make a huge impact in the kingdom. You don't have to be in the spotlight to be available, do what you are good at, to the best of your ability, and the blessing will come, I guarantee it.

Bless you guys so much!

Dave out.

No comments: