Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Grandfather, the Godfather, and the Sergeant...



Hey reson8rs,

Well, what a fantastic service tonight! Pastor Sharon Wright from Ulladulla (did I spell that right?) and Pastor Ian (no relation) just led an awesome time of working in the prophetic. Worship just seems to be going from strength to strength (the young 'uns rock btw). Just a little known fact which to me shows God's sense of humour. In the prophetic, we now have a grandfather (Pastor Ian has been talking about grandkids for a while now...), The Godfather, and the Sergeant (this was a phenomenal word for you by the way Grant). Surely there's a message in that somewhere for somebody?

Grandfather, Godfather, Sergeant. All are positions of authority. All are generational. All are positions of respect, and provide vision and direction for whoever operates under their authority. To me, that just carries a significance which is beyond the natural.

Anyway - I'm excited. Church just seems to be buzzing - worship is off the charts (anyone else loving I am Free?), and the sense of God's presence is real. I'm excited about what God's doing, and just to think of what he has in store for us and our city is mind blowing. Bless you guys, and watch this space.

Ray

BTW, has anyone else noticed that people are having babies and getting engaged all over the show? (not in that order, just in case you were wondering). If that's not a sign that we're in a season of growth, I'm not sure what is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was an awesome service.. and "I am free" was buzzing in my grandfatherly brain, soul, spirit, body.. and generally sleeplessness until 3.00 in the morning!! Shazz, Dano, Si, Dayle and grandfather replayed it all the way to Queenstown on Monday!
BTW I'm just seeing the presence of God on every generation right now.. It is off the charts!!
Bless Ya,
"The GrandFather" :-)