Monday, July 23, 2007

Update from Byron Bay: Shane Overboard

Hi Ray,

How's it all going?

Slowly settling in over here, the weather has been great, most
mornings I'm down at he beach as where I'm staying is only 3 min's
walk and your on the white sands. Class has been fairly cruisey this
week as we only have a couple of hours every day but Thursday so the
rest of the time is free.

I have found a church to attend, its small and I feel that's where God
wants me to be. I have been asked to help
out on the worship team already which has blown me away but that's
cool. I have spent sometime with Pastor Sydney and his wife Narrida
last Sunday and this week the church is having a BBQ to celebrate all
the birthdays for this week (I'm lucky as I have had my birthday on
Monday). My class mate got wind of my birthday and decided it was a
good reason to have a party (this also blew me away as it was
something I didn't expect), it was a good night, only two of us
stayed sober LOL. Its quite an experience hanging out with those that
like doing drugs and drinking and I have had some good discussions
about being a Christian, hopefully it will have an impact on those
around me.

I do spend allot of time by myself but when I can I try
and connect with those in my new home church and at night attend the
prayer meetings. Tomorrow I'm hang out with Rebecca, I have no idea
of what we are going to do but I'm looking forward to being with
another Christian during the day just for the company. I miss home
heaps but I know God has me in the right place and he everything
under control.

Better go. Catch up with you later.
Say hi to everyone for me as I know Cherie won't be able to this week
as she is in Christchurch with some friends for the rugby, Go All
Blacks.

God Bless and have a fantastic week in Him
Shane

No comments: