Thursday, September 06, 2007

Pray for Shane

Hey Reson8rs,

I recieved this email from our friend Shane Stewart who's been over in Byron Bay completing his sound engineering course. I was a wee bit reluctant to post it on the blog, but I really feel that Shane and his family need our prayers at this time. Please pray! I've posted a copy of the email that Shane sent me below.

I just pray that in this difficult time God will be all over this situation, and that Shane's family will be covered in God's peace and love.

Hi Ray.
How are you?
Just a short note to let you know if you haven’t already heard is that I’m coming home earlier than expected as my Dad is dying of cancer. I'm heading back to Timaru on the next flight that I can get, not the best news to get while over here and have been looking forward to coming home back to Invercargill to catch up with everyone especially Cherie. Plans have now changed but I should be in church on Sunday before I head back to Timaru.

My dad is not saved and this is the sad thing for me as he only has a short time left but I know that God has everything under control, I have seen some of my relatives lose the cancer battle and I was hoping that it would not affect my immediate family and this is too close and at the moment this is one thing that I can’t handle. Dad almost lost the fight 18 months ago and now it has come up again. He died on the operating table last time and I thought that I would never see him again now it has gone full circle and I'm about to face it again.

Please pray for me that I would be able to witness to dad again and get him to change his mind before it is to late just like one of the thieves on the cross when Christ was crucified change his mind before it was too late, and also that I would stand strong at this time. I have seen to people lose family members to cancer here and I now know what they were going through before and what they are still going through now.

Better sign off now as I have only a limited time here at the cafe.

See you soon.
Shane

PS. This can be posted on webpage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone.. I've talked with Shane this evening. His dad passed away suddenly about tea time. He will be with us on Sunday.. Please pray for him and his family at this time. Blessings, Ian & Dayle