Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Note to self: Prayer

Ok, so the purpose of the post it notes aren't to inflame, I'm actually just wanting to open a dialogue on what you think about the topic. This week's topic is basically a query into why we seem to talk all the time when we pray (at least, I seem to sometimes...). Is it because I'm not expecting an answer from God? I don't think so... Maybe I use prayer as a voicemail message. "God's not here at the moment. Please leave a message after the beep, and he'll get back to you..."

What do you think?

2 comments:

Miss Wallace said...

I dunno, I guess I too use God as a bit of a voicemail institution, but maybe Im just not quiet (or willing) enough to listen, or maybe I just dont think I have the time..........

Michaela said...

Maybe we talk so much in prayer because we don't want to listen to God.