Monday, September 10, 2007

From Shane

Hi.
As you may have heard by now, my dad past away 7pm Thursday night. It
was much sooner than expected as I thought I may have been able with
him but it wasn`t to be. I almost missed my flight back home and only
made the plane from Lismore to Sydney by 3 mins. God brought me home
in time to see my dad.

I spent most of Dad's last hours with him only
leaving for toilet breaks. Dad deteriorated quite rapidly on Thursday
when the whole family had finally arrived. My in-laws led Dad to
Christ just before I got to spend time with him as I had to talk with
the lawyer when he arrived. This has been an answer to prayer so
thank you to all that have been praying for this to happen as Dad died
peacefully. Even though it is sad to lose him I know that I will see
him again. The grieving process has begun and emotionally it is a
roller coaster ride as those of you who have loved ones know. I will
be home Saturday afternoon and in church Sunday but I will have to
head back up here Sunday night. My time in Invercargill is now short
as I now have to move back to Timaru to look after my Mum. I know
that God has everything under control as much as I feel that my world
has been turned upside down and hadn`t planned on coming back up here
so soon and will miss Invercargill greatly and the church family
there. The last three years have been great and the church there has
become apart of me so I write this with great saddness. I also have a
call to go back to Byron Bay to minister over there but all this is
in God's timing, so at the moment it is just one day at a time as it
is going to take awhile to get through all this.

Parting though for today:
I was regreting my past and fearing the future. Suddenly my Lord was
speaking. "My name is I am" He paused I waited, He continued. "When
you live in the past with all its mistakes and regrets. It is hard, I
am not there my name is not I Was. When you live ion the future with
all its problems and fears. It is hard I am not there. My name is not
I Will Be. When you live in this moment. It is not hard I am here. My
name is I Am". (Helen Machicoat)
See you all soon and thanks again for your support and friendship.

God bless,
Shane

No comments: