Thursday, May 31, 2007

I'll be back...

Hey guys! hows life?

Hard to believe its only 2months and I´ll be back!?

I´m writing from Cusco, the Inca capital of south america, on my way to Bolivia. Why am I here, you ask? Well, Lyn-duh kinda forgot to renew her 90day visa, and I´m now a month over, and illegally in the country. Unfortunately, immigrations told me that if the police happen to catch me I can get into trouble and they can ban me from re-entering Peru for 6years. Woops! So I have to do a border cross into Bolivia, get a new visa there, and then come back into the country. We (an ozzie missionary chick is travelling with me) travel by bus wednesday night to the border. The systems here are soo not formalized, so it kinda depends who you get on the day as to whether they want to be nice or not. Another missionary guy who had the same problem was stuck in Bolivia for 30 days before they would renew his visa. I´m not really keen for that!!! So if you could have a wee word to God on my behalf to let all go smoothly, that´d be really awesome. Will keep you posted!!

As for the rest of stuff here, I´ve been working with the small church I´ve been going to and visiting people in their homes to chat and encourage them or read the bible. very cool. Starting to get to form relationships with other families in the community too, and will start going to 2 homes from next week to teach their kids english. Great outreach opportunity.

love y´all, huge blessings and may the God of all grace keep you safe in His hands in all that you´re up to!!!

Lynda

No comments: